A Gift to the World's Best Dad


Like an umbrella,

You protect all of us;

Every little corolla

Is saved from the fuss.


This world may change a lot,

But your affection never;

Life is a battle to be fought;

You teach me so forever.


When it comes down to quarrel,

You become silent, so silent;

Overflows your barrel

Of pain and sentiment.


I know I cause you pain;

I do get over remorse;

If it happens time and again,

There remains no love, but force.


I tell you 'sorry',

A word too little to say;

It all becomes a different story,

As atonement's told 'nay'.


As I hurt you a lot, Dad,

My heart, too, does, does bleed;

My temper turns me as if mad;

I commit another ill deed.


Still, you keep blessing me,

Though I don't change, Dad;

I tread on the path of memory

To find the best dad.


I wish to control my wrath;

I do wish to stay calm;

To return to the right path,

I need you, Dad, my true chum.


As the worst sinner,

I blame you, I blame mum;

I try to be cleaner,

But my sins snatch my hum.


Life is so uncanny

That I don't think a bit;

I make my destiny

Worse by staying unlit.


I disgrace myself the most

By blaming you and mum;

Two angels from a host,

You both remain so calm.


We go to watch magic;

We pay pennies for that;

Our lives become more tragic

As we ignore your magic, O Dad.


My voice is getting choked

With the lump in my throat;

Whom I must have evoked

Keeps me afloat.


Anyway, Dad, anyway,

It's time to light a candle;

A very happy birthday

From us, whom you fondle.


No more tears; only smile;

Many happy returns of the day;

Bereft of any phony style,

We wish you again, "Happy Birthday!"


You may like to read my other blogs:


https://mirandamemmi.blogspot.com


https://childrenblogbysomali.blogspot.com


https://essaysofvariety.blogspot.com


https://somaliomnibus.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Fantastic. Hv no word to comment. God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer of A Fallen Individual

Divinity Incarnate

Long Live!