The Blades of Grass









The story behind the poem

One day, I was feeling too mournful all through the day. Suddenly, a vision of a lawn suffused with verdant grasses flashed upon my soul. Whenever I feel sorrowful or sullen, I try to take refuge to Mother Nature. She as if lulls me to sleep to balm my mental wounds. Whenever I feel any kind of trouble or agitation within, I try to look at that imaginary blades of grasses and their winking habit with the dewdrops at dawn. Whenever I am about to bleed upon the "thorns of life", whenever I feel morose, they whisper and murmur solace and songs into my ears making my heart happy again. Lots of love, lots of balm soothe my sores. The blades of grass function as my life-giver every now and then. I am indeed indebted to all of them.




The poem -- "The Blades of Grass"


Whenever I think
I'm about to fade,
I look at the blink
Of the grassy blade;
Lots of whisper,
Lots of murmur
Provide me with shade
In my time of need,
When I'm about to bleed.





The keywords to the entire poem

Poem, blades of grass, think, fade, blink, grassy blade, lots of whisper, lots of murmur, provide me with shade, time of need, about to bleed

Comments

  1. যখনই বুঝি ফুরিয়ে যাচ্ছি , বিবর্ণ ফ্যাকাশে হয়ে যাচ্ছে যৌবনের রাঙারঙ ... ঠিক তখনই, আমার সামনে সবুজ ঘাসের ওপর ঝলমলিয়ে ওঠা রোদ্দুর আমাকে নব বসন্তের রঙে রঙে রাঙিয়ে তোলে। আমি কান পেতে থাকি , সে ফিসফিসিয়ে শুনিয়ে যায় তার গোপন কথা , পৌঁছে দেয় বসন্ত আসার খবর ..! বেদনায় রক্তাক্ত হোতে হোতে বেঁচে উঠি ভালোবাসার বিপুল আশ্বাসে ! এইসব কবিতায় বারবার এক সত্যের খোঁজে কবি মগ্ন হয়ে যান ... প্রকৃতি থেকে মানুষ সকলকেই বিশ্বাসের নিবিড় বাঁধনে বাঁধতে উন্মুখ তাঁর জন্ম-প্রেমিক কবিমন । অভিনন্দন সোমালি .. আপনি আমাদের জন্য লিখুন এইসব আশার গান। মানুষ যে বড় অসহায় , বিপন্ন আজ..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your candid comment. Yes, the true and cordial readers like you make the existence of the poems meaningful. May God bless you richly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer of A Fallen Individual

Divinity Incarnate

Long Live!